Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to school time

It's back to school time for us. Getting our routines back on track. It seems by the end of the summer bedtime is later and later and other routines have gone haywire. I love the thought of getting back to my routine. Getting up, getting ready, getting kids breakfast and out the door to the bus.

The hard time for me this season is when I'm going to get ready. I have a senior that gets up at 6:30, my hubby is up at 7 and I get my 1st grader up a little after 7. So that leaves me with getting ready after 8 but in 2 more weeks I have preschool starting.

So do I get up before 6:30 or get ready after 9. There are times when I can squeeze in getting ready between 8-9 but I still have breakfast to get for my preschooler. Getting up before 6:30 a.m. makes for a long day and especially if the baby didn't sleep well that night.

I'm sure after a few trial and errors and driving my preschooler to school with wet hair I'll probably get my routine down.

How's your routine going? How do you cope with changes such as new baby, kindergarten, work, etc.?

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the kids back to school. I always seem to get more done, even though I work when they're gone. Weird.

    ReplyDelete