Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crazy morning

I can tell the school year is winding down. The kids are getting more forgetful or at least mine are. My preschooler has movie day today for his last day of preschool. My kindergartener has a walk and carnival this evening and he needs to take a sack lunch and treats for a field trip tomorrow and my high schooler well, he forgot he needed treats for school today. UHHH!!

I was just getting the baby down for bed. She was really fussy and my high schooler had just got out of the shower it was a little after 10 p.m. He said I forgot that I need treats tomorrow for one of my classes. I just wanted to scream. I had just gotten back from the store. My husband said he could run to the store and get a bag of candy. But he didn't want to go last night that he would go in the morning. My son tells me its better to have homemade or something like that.

Now I'm thinking in school your supposed to take store bought stuff but I guess for this particular class they can bring whatever. He tells me one girl brought Bugles covered with caramel stuff and someone else brought cookies. I told him I could whip up and some cornflake peanutbutter balls. He said ok. My husband said he would go get the cornflakes in the morning for me. Well needless to say he forgot, got up late. I was totally out of it. The baby woke up at 2 then my 4 year old was up and I don't even know what time that was.

So we were off to the store at 8 this morning. I bought the kids a BK breakfast and ran into the grocery store for corn flakes. Dropped off my kindergartener to school got home made the corn flakes balls, my neighbor (luckily it was her turn to drive for preschool) picked up my preschooler and I drove over to the high school with the treats. I was only 5 minutes late.

I was pretty proud of myself. So now off to the shower and clean up my house. Maybe I'll have time to visit a few blogs.

I was going to post the recipe but I forgot to take a picture plus the baby has had it so I'll do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment